In this episode of Topping the Curve I interview Demetra Liggins about Corporate America. Demetra is a partner at a big law firm and co-owner of Corporate Homie, a business and podcast that she started with her twin sister.
Throughout the episode Demetra talks about key aspects that future attorneys should keep in mind when entering the corporate world:
- Taking initiative and pushing past any fears you may have
- Having an open heart and a coachable spirit
- Setting priorities and using that to guide your decision-making in the workplace
- How to make sure you are getting good work and getting noticed
- Code-switching and being yourself in the workplace
Demetra goes into depth about all of the above and how she achieved her current success in the corporate sphere.
LinkedIn: Demetra Liggins
As always, I would love to hear from you all and you should follow us on instagram @ToppingtheCurve, and on facebook @ToppingtheCurve, and subscribe to our website: www.toppingthecurve.com to never miss a new episode!
Intro and Outro Music license: https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/4.0/legalcode
Artist: Mello C, Title: Pasikolu